Located in Historic downtown Rapid City, real life game playing! Exciting and addictive fun. Numerous interesting, historically accurate Black Hills scenarios available. Escape the rooms in 60 minutes ...IF you can!
The Escape Rooms
Ghosts of the Black Hills
- There's not only gold in them thar hills but ghosts as well!
- Difficulty 3.5/5
Murder in Saloon #10
- Catch Wild Bill's assassin!
- Difficulty 3/5
Treasure at Mt Rushmore
- Could there be jewels and gold hidden in the Hall of Records?
- Difficulty 4/5
TERRORism @ Holy Terror Mine!
- Stop a nuke before Western SD is vaporized!
- Difficulty 5/5
What is an Escape room?
- Escape rooms are live-action based team games where players discover clues, solve puzzles and accomplish tasks in one or more rooms in order to accomplish the goal of "escaping" the room and solving the puzzle in a limited amount of time.
Will we be truly locked in? What if I am claustrophobic?
- No, there will be 2 doors, the entrance to the experience door will not be locked due to fire department regulations. There will be a second locked "escape" door to end the game. The rooms are somewhat spacious at approximately 400 square feet.
Will we be able to communicate from inside the rooms?
- Yes, you will have a walkie talkie to communicate with the gamemaster. These will be used to gather hints or solutions as well as leaving the room if needed.
What if we don't solve the game in the hour given?
- The gamemaster will open your door and ask if you would like the solution or not. Depending on later bookings, you may be able to spend a few extra minutes to solve the game. The gamemaster may then ask questions about your experience.
Can the game be made harder or easier at our request?
- Yes! You may set the number of hints allowed or request an easier room at booking time.
Who will enjoy the game the most?
Tourists, families, dates, team building, friends night out, special occasions, gamers, and anyone who enjoys a good puzzle!
How many can be in a team?
- Teams are from 2-8. With an e-mail or call, the entire experience can be rented depending on availability. This will allow up to 50 friends or workmates to all compete at the same time.
Are you ADA compliant?
- Yes! We are on the ground floor and there is access to all rooms as well as the restrooms.
Will we be able to bring in our cell phones?
- Yes, and we have lock boxes to store your valuables if needed at each room's door. There is nothing you can google to help!
How long does the experience last?
- About 90 minutes from start to end. Arrive 15 minutes early to get briefed on your room and fill out a waiver. Then stay after for a souvenir photo in your experiernce's outfit, Ghostbusters, Deadwood marshalls, G-men, Mine inspectorors.
Can the entire experience be rented?
- Yes, if no one has booked for your chosen session times, the entire venue can be booked out. Also e-mail and ask us, we will open gladly for parties and corporate event during non-opening hours.
When are you open?
- Our hours will be from 4-9 M/T/W 4-10 TH/F/S and 12-4 Sunday.
How many storylines do you have?
- We have 4 storylines running in our rooms. We can accommodate 8 per room, 32 guests in each session, with plans to expand. Room 5 combined allowes for up to 40-50 participants across all rooms is about to open. It wil be a duplicate of Saloon #10 to enable teams, families, friends to race!
I have played all 4 of your scenarios, is there anything left for me?
- Yes! We will be changing the puzzles in each scenario. This spring several of the scenarios will be moving to Keystone. The newly planed in RC are turning Saloon #10 in to a shreiffs office where one of your party has been jailed and you must solve it to let them out. The others are aliens landing on the missile silos of Western SD and body parts in the old morgue in downtown RC.
$20 Per adult, $16 Senior/Military, $15 for Children 7-17, 6 and under free.
Book some or all rooms for a party!
- 3 rooms for 24 people $240
- 4 rooms for 36, $300
- All 5 rooms for $360
We have a holiday/corporate party rate where players, up to 50, play 2 sets of rooms and have time for catering and social hour for $500. Call for reservations and details.
Our new party room is available! We can accommodate up to 50 guests.
"You have 1 hour to find clues, solve puzzles, and locate the key that will unlock the door. Good Luck!"
Escape rooms are live-action based team games where players discover clues, solve puzzles and accomplish tasks in one or more rooms in order to achieve the goal of "escaping" the room in a limited amount of time. The escape room experience starts with the players meeting the gamemaster, who then briefs them on what will be happening over the next hour and gives them the rules for the game. The gamemaster will explain the story associated with your particular game.
Players explore the room looking everywhere for clues. There are numbers, symbols, pictures and props but no apparent guide to understanding what they are there for. The first part is searching the room, through cabinets, drawers, clothing, behind and under everything. At some point players will discover a puzzle and figure out how it can be solved. Some puzzles have directions, some do not.
The solution to one puzzle will lead to something else - it may be a code for a padlock, the starting key for another puzzle, a door to another room or a red herring! The group of players continues to work on puzzles sharing information about what is found. If they are stuck they use their walkie-talkie to contact the gamemaster for help with clues and/or solving the puzzle. As time ticks on, the puzzles become more complex feeding into a final puzzle which will lead the team to "unlocking" the final door and "escaping".