Features Lakeside Dining. Cabins with forest and lake views. Kayak, Canoe, Stand Up Paddle Board and Paddleboat rentals. Swimming Beach, Fishing, Playground, and 1-mile hiking path around the lake. Near Centennial Trail and 1 mile from the entrance to Needles Highway.
In Custer State Park just off of Needle's Highway.
SD State Park entrance license grants entrance to Custer State Park and access to all four Resorts in the Park: State Game Lodge, Legion Lake Lodge, Sylvan Lake Lodge, and Blue Bell Lodge. Resort activities include the popular Buffalo Jeep Safari Tours, Hayride & Chuckwagon Cookouts, Trail Rides, and Watersport Rentals.
Our Lodge has been entirely rebuilt for 2016! Come enjoy one of the only spots in the hills featuring casual, family-friendly lakefront dining. Ice cream, desserts, and Starbucks coffee.
Legion Lake Resort offers 26 comfortable, family-sized cabins that are in the forest within walking distance to the lake. Choose from sleeping cabins, housekeeping cabins, or our two-story Centennial Cabin. All cabins are climate controlled, fully furnished, and include daily housekeeping service. They also come with flat screen TVs, coffee pots, microwaves, and small refrigerators.
Not far from Legion Lake and off the beaten path you will find Galena Creek; after which we named this cabin. An elegant addition to your small group stay at Legion Lake Lodge, this unit offers 2 baths, a spacious living area, kitchenette, and a large deck.
- Call Now to Reserve or view our Introductory Promotional Rates for 2016 - This unit will be available starting May 30, 2016
- 2 separate bedrooms—each with 2 queen beds. Living room area contains a queen sofa sleeper. Sleeps a maximum of 10 people.
- Roll-away and crib service available ($10/night).
- Small refrigerator/freezer, 4 burner cooktop, microwave, and telephone.
- Large deck.
- 2 bathrooms.
- Total inventory: there’s only 1! (But check out CSP's other Specialty Cabins)
Our specialty cabins are the largest cabins in the park—but book ahead, they fill up quickly. The Galena Cabin's Reservation Policy is different than our other units: A deposit is required for the entire stay of the reservation, due when the reservation is made. Reservations cancelled within 90 days of the arrival date will forfeit the deposit amount in full unless the unit can be re-rented for the entire stay. A $25 cancellation fee will be imposed against any refund due. Early check-outs will result in the deposit balance being held until the remaining nights are re-rented.
- Canoe, Kayak, Paddleboat, Waterbike Rental
- One-mile hiking trail around Legion Lake
- Free Wi-Fi
- Gift Shop
- Camping/RV (through SD State Parks)