President Coolidge’s “Summer White House”. Recognized internationally for its herd of 1,500 free-roaming buffalo, the Game Lodge is Custer State Park's hub. Along Peter Norbeck Scenic Byway. Restaurant featuring local game. Buffalo Safari Tours! Consider a stay during the Spring and Fall to take advantage of seasonal promotions.
Located in Custer State Park just off of the Wildlife Loop Road.
SD State Park entrance license grants entrance to Custer State Park and access to all four Resorts in the Park: State Game Lodge, Legion Lake Lodge, Sylvan Lake Lodge, and Blue Bell Lodge. Resort activities include the popular Buffalo Jeep Safari Tours, Hayride & Chuckwagon Cookouts, Trail Rides, and Watersport Rentals.
The State Game Lodge offers casual yet elegant breakfast and lunch dining with a more formal ambiance for dinner. Open 7 days/week from the end of April through the end of October. Accepting private banquets year-round.
As the largest resort in the park, the State Game Lodge features a wide variety of sleeping accommodations. Choose from historic lodge rooms in the main lodge, a wing of hotel rooms attached to the main lodge, modern hotel rooms at Creekside Lodge, and cabins in the valley. We also feature a number of luxury specialty cabins: the Reunion Cabin, Tatanka Cabin, the Creekside Cabin & Bunkhouse, the Gamekeeper’s Cabin, the Custer Ranch House.
All cabins are climate controlled, fully furnished, and include daily maid service. All units include coffee pots and flat screen TVs, outdoor fire pits, picnic tables, refrigerator, and microwave.
Great for family reunions or corporate retreats, this magnificent 3,150-square-foot cabin is the second-largest unit at State Game Lodge. A fantastic compliment to the Reunion Cabin, this unit is located right next door, along Coolidge Creek.
This unit is located off of Route 16A at the end of the loop located next to the Art’s Festival Grounds. You will check in at the State Game Lodge, which is a short distance east on Route 16A.
- Call Now to Reserve or view our Introductory Promotional Rates for 2016 - This unit will be available starting May 9, 2016
- 4 separate bedrooms—3 of the bedrooms have 2 queen beds and the other bedroom has 1 king bed. Upper-level loft includes 2 Twin over Full Bunkbeds. Living room area contains 2 queen sofa sleepers. Sleeps a maximum of 24 people.
- Roll-away and crib service available ($10/night).
- Full kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils included.
- Full refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, and telephone.
- Stone gas fireplace.
- Back porch with outdoor furniture, propane grill, and outdoor fire pit.
- 5 bathrooms.
- Total inventory: there’s only 1! (But check out CSP's other Specialty Cabins)
2016 Promo: Stay 3 nights, Save 25% for Sunday-Thursday night stays
Valid Dates: August 21 –Oct 23, Excludes Sturgis Rally (8/5-8/12) and Buffalo Roundup (9/29-10/1)
Our specialty cabins are the largest cabins in the park—but book ahead, they fill up quickly. The Tatanka Cabin's Reservation Policy is different than our other units: A deposit is required for the entire stay of the reservation, due when the reservation is made. Reservations cancelled within 90 days of the arrival date will forfeit the deposit amount in full unless the unit can be re-rented for the entire stay. A $25 cancellation fee will be imposed against any refund due. Early check-outs will result in the deposit balance being held until the remaining nights are re-rented.
- Restaurant & Lounge
- Banquet Facilities
- Buffalo Safari Jeep Tours
- Free Wi-Fi
- Lover's Leap Trail, Game Lodge Trail
- Wildlife Loop Road
- Iron Mountain Road
- Near the entrance to Iron Mountain Road
- Camping/RV (through SD State Parks)
- Modernized Accommodations
- Gift Shop
- Coolidge General Store
- Frequent Wildlife Sightings
Accommodations range from $170 - $1300/night.