Custer State Park's "crown jewel" along Peter Norbeck Scenic Byway. Features beautifully-renovated lodge rooms and both new and remodeled cabins, Lounge, Restaurant and Veranda. Kayak, Canoe, Stand Up Paddle Board and Paddleboat rentals. Forest and lake views; Harney Peak & Sunday Gulch Trailheads. Consider a stay during the Spring and Fall to take advantage of seasonal promotions.
In Custer State Park
SD State Park entrance license grants entrance to Custer State Park and access to all four Resorts in the Park: State Game Lodge, Legion Lake Lodge, Sylvan Lake Lodge, and Blue Bell Lodge. Resort activities include the popular Buffalo Jeep Safari Tours, Hayride & Chuckwagon Cookouts, Trail Rides, and Watersport Rentals.
Fresh, locally-sourced ingredients grace the dinner table at Sylvan Lake Lodge. The double-peaked wooden ceiling, hardwood floors, and stone fireplace lend an air of luxury that complements the view. In fair weather, make reservations on the stone veranda for al fresco dining with fabulous vistas of the Hills.
The current Sylvan Lake Lodge was built in 1937, with a new wing of lodge rooms added in 1991. Total rooms available in the lodge: 35. There are 32 cabins in the pine- and spruce-covered hillside, including sleeping cabins, a honeymoon cabin, and housekeeping cabins. The Senator’s Cabin has five rooms, a full kitchen, and sleeps ten.
All units are climate controlled, fully furnished, and include daily housekeeping service. They also come with telephones, flat screen TVs, and coffee pots.
Cathedral Spires Cabin
It doesn't get any better than this. Named for its magnificent views of the cathedral spires and overlooking Sylvan Lake, this 2,952-square-foot cabin is unmatched.
This unit is located near the Auditorium and General Store at Sylvan Lake. You will check in at Sylvan Lake Lodge, found at the north entrance to Needles Highway.
- Call Now to Reserve or view our Introductory Promotional Rates for 2016 - This unit will be available starting in June of 2016
- 4 separate bedrooms—3 of the bedrooms have 2 queen beds and the other bedroom has 1 king bed. Living room area contains 2 queen sofa sleepers. Sleeps a maximum of 18 people.
- Roll-away and crib service available ($10/night).
- Full kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils included.
- Full refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, and telephone.
- Stone gas fireplace.
- Patio overlooking Sylvan Lake.
- 5 bathrooms.
- Total inventory: there’s only 1! (But check out CSP's other Specialty Cabins)
2016 Promo: $1200/night for Sunday-Thursday night stays
Dates: All summer long - Excludes Sturgis Rally (8/5-8/12) and Buffalo Roundup (9/29-10/1)
Our specialty cabins are the largest cabins in the park—but book ahead, they fill up quickly. The Cathedral Spires Cabin's Reservation Policy is different than our other units: A deposit is required for the entire stay of the reservation, due when the reservation is made. Reservations cancelled within 90 days of the arrival date will forfeit the deposit amount in full unless the unit can be re-rented for the entire stay. A $25 cancellation fee will be imposed against any refund due. Early check-outs will result in the deposit balance being held until the remaining nights are re-rented.
- Restaurant & Lounge
- Outdoor Veranda
- Banquet Facilities
- Lakeside Event Lawn
- Free Wi-Fi
- Harney Peak Trailhead
- Sunday Gulch Trail, Sylvan Lake Trail
- Needles Highway
- Camping/RV (through SD State Parks
- Modernized Accommodations
- Non-motorized watercraft rental
- Gift Shop
- Known for fantastic scenery & views