WHAT IS THE MDC GRANT PROGRAM?
The Matching Dollar Challenge (MDC) Grant Program is a cooperative marketing partnership that is used for new and/or enhanced marketing initiatives and is solely for marketing events and projects within the BH&B region. Grant applicants may apply for up to $5,000 annually, $2000 for shoulder and $3000 for peak. Recipients are expected to match, at minimum, the funds provided by Black Hills & Badlands Tourism Association (BH&B).
Peak applications are due January 13, 2017
Applications are reviewed by a BH&B review committee with consideration given to:
- Black Hills & Badlands Tourism Association members.
- Complete description of the project.
- How the project will increase visitation, visitor spending and overnight stays in the Black Hills.
- Project goals and objectives.
- Complete marketing plan, including target markets, specific advertisement placements and respective costs.
- A budget showing cash support from other public and private sources.
- Ability to deliver a compelling message to potential visitors while using advertising creative that meets BH&B’s standards.
Organizational and fiscal management (indication of the applicant’s ability to manage and complete the proposed activity).
Please download the application or use the form below to submit.